Altarama specialises in improving the services provided by libraries, and the efficient operation and effective management of requests submitted by library users.
- National libraries, State libraries, and public libraries of all sizes
- University libraries
- Government department and corporate libraries
- Law libraries
No matter what type of library, Altarama has experience in providing solutions to managing all of the different types of requests that you handle and creating statistics that reflect the total level of services that you provide.
RefTracker provides to the reference function of libraries what good circulation or cataloging modules provide to their respective departments: excellent tools for front-line staff; visibility to help managers manage; and great statistical data to inform administrative decisions.
Although the reference function of libraries was the first area that our solutions helped, it soon became clear that many other areas of libraries can benefit from the workflows provided by our products. Here are just some of the types of library requests that Altarama request management products are handling:
- Research requests
- General requests such as opening hours
- ILL and document delivery requests
- New book requests
- Comments and suggestions
- Local history and community information requests
- Collection development – handling donation offers and purchase opportunities for rare or historical items – prevent your staff from bidding against each other!
- Managing workflows and billing for services